Friday, September 7, 2012

Happy Blogiversary!

You know how they say, Time flies when you're having fun? Well, apparently I've been on the party bullet train since last March, so busy whooping it up in the dining car that I missed the stop marked 1 Year Completed!

So here I am at my 1 and 1/2-year blogiversary, and I can think of no better way to celebrate than revisiting my very 1st post - the mission statement, if you will, for this blog. 

Since Come hungry, leave happy was already taken, I went with:


WELCOME HUNGRY READERS!


When you think of Lady and the Tramp, you go right to that romantic scene behind Tony’s with the big, beautiful bowl of spaghetti that ends in their sweet doggy kiss, right?  Can you even describe any other scene?

Thousands of fans flock to Port Angeles’s Bella Italia where Bella had mushroom ravioli with Edward.

The first thing visitors to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter do is grab a butter beer.

You might be thinking that such scenes or details were only significant in the movies, but I disagree. I think those things – more specifically, those digestible items – only made it into the films because they first resonated with the readers of the books. 

Maybe it’s the relatability of characters when they make choices that we also make in our daily lives (as opposed to whether or not to turn into a vampire) that speaks to us. Or maybe it’s that we like to think that if we eat lamb chops and mashed potatoes, we can be strong enough to win the Hunger Games, too. 

Or maybe it’s just because people are HUNGRY – for love, for power, for money, for lunch!

Whatever the reason, the food depicted in a book does something for us, and the purpose of this blog is for us to read, read, read…and then ask,  
                                              But What Are They Eating?

8 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! Enjoy the celebration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the Blogiversary. This post made me stop to try to remember if our characters ate anything memorable. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eating makes our characters more realistic, more human, just more, I think. Happy blogiversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogiversary - time flies when you're having fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much for the kind wishes!
    They'll be the fuel that keeps me blogging for another year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to eat, that makes me smile, so I decided to give this post a Sunshine Award:

    http://callsignwreckingcrew.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-sunshine-award.html

    Yes, our characters did eat and not just MRE (Meals Ready to Eat) either.

    ReplyDelete