Thursday, December 20, 2012

FOODFIC: Please Welcome Mian Mohsin Zia, Author of Once





ONCE---Ask Me Anything, Not Love by Mian Mohsin Zia (www.mianmohsinzia.com)

"This novel will leave you wanting a sequel as this love story must continue. Mian Moshin Zia writes from the heart. As the story is peppered with poetry you will find yourself returning to read them again and again." -- Reviewed by Readers Favorite

What would you do if you hurt the woman you loved beyond what is in human nature to forgive? That is the problem that Morkel has to overcome.

As the celebrated author, 'M---, No Time for Love', Morkel has vowed to never write a love story, or a story with a female protagonist. A staunch bachelor, Morkel is set in his ways; he has vowed to never fall in love. However, during a holiday in Kiev Morkel meets a 'person of interest'; someone who will change his life forever in all aspects, especially food-wise.

Food for thought is what Morkel learns from Maya. A girl with singing soul and a pure heart who values everything in her life, even the food she eats. One day Maya brings pumpkins for Morkel to show him her love. You can read for yourself what happens then…

I brought these pumpkins for you,” she removes a lunchbox from her bag. “I told you that I would find some way to thank you for your help.”
I smile back, the more open she is with me the better my novel will be. “Thanks mate,” I take the lunchbox from her and open it.
“You are welcome.” Before I can eat the pumpkins, a hand touches my wrist, stopping me. “First pray and then eat.” I am astonished, but before I can say anything, she bows her head and clasps her hands together. “Dear Lord, thank you for your love and kindness today. You give us strength and nutrition. As we sit in your presence at this bench, bless our food and bless all those gathered here.” I watch her while she prays. At the end of the prayer, she turns her head towards me, and I immediately clasp my own hands and close my eyes so that she does not realise that I was only listening to her pray and not praying myself. I am honestly not fond of pumpkin, but these are luscious and I eat them with great enthusiasm.

Morkel remembers that one moment with Maya and the pumpkins, and the prayer before starting to eat, forever. It makes him enjoy pumpkins as well, and he learns the value of prayer in his life.


Author’s website:  www.mianmohsinzia.com
 
ONCE on Amazon:  
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003Z9K55S
 
ONCE Book Trailer:
http://www.mianmohsinzia.com/p/o-n-c-e.html


Thank you for sharing your food for thought, Mian! 

1 comment:

  1. It is interesting as I was just thinking about this novel the other day and recommending it to friends. I love the passage about the pumpkins. In the story, it's the little things that count.
    I love how Morkel not only finds love but becomes enlightened from this very special woman .
    I am waiting for this to become a movie! We truly need a great love story such as this!
    Well done, Mian.

    ReplyDelete